Want to transfer money with WhatsApp Payments? Check the step-by-step process here – Technology News, Firstpost
PF trendSep 16, 2022 5:56:43 PM IST
WhatsApp is undoubtedly the most popular application for communicating and exchanging videos, photographs, audio and GIFs with your loved ones. A few months ago, the instant messaging app started offering UPI payments along with the other features.
Meta-owned app now makes it easier for users to send and receive money from friends, family and anyone they know by combining messaging and payments on one platform . Users can now send money to anyone using WhatsApp with a single tap without downloading any additional apps or using up all of their phone’s storage.
In November 2020, WhatsApp announced that it had developed its payment interface in partnership with the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI). According to a blog post from the messaging app, the Unified Payments Interface (UPI), a “first real-time payment system in India”, can transact with more than 160 supported banks.
WhatsApp users can send money with the same ease as sending a message through this exclusive feature. To start a UPI payment, all you have to do is press the “Rupee” button while chatting with your contact or scan a QR code at over 20 million Indian businesses that accept them. Users can easily transfer money from their accounts to people available on the contact list. So, linking a bank account to WhatsApp pay is the only way to send and receive money.
Steps to join a bank account to WhatsApp Payments:
- Open the WhatsApp application on your Android or iOS smartphone.
- Proceed to the Settings page.
- Click on payment option after swiping down.
- By choosing the bank from the list, you can add bank account information.
- Once your bank account has been successfully linked to the app, follow the steps below to send money to another contact:
Steps to send money via WhatsApp Payments:
- Go to the contact page to send money.
- Go to Payment option.
- Choose a previously registered bank account.
- Send after entering the desired amount and UPI PIN.
- Once payment is made, a transaction ID and transaction details will be made available on the chat window.