Facilitate money transfers with a mobile application
The technology surrounding mobile banking apps and payment gateways has improved dramatically in recent years, making it possible for anyone with an iOS or Android smartphone to make and receive cross-border payments with far lower fees than retailers. conventional methods such as bank transfers, credit cards. , and conventional deposits made in a bank or post office.
By adding your banking, credit card or debit information to a money transfer app, you can easily send and receive funds to / from around the world. Online money transfer services in South Africa have improved dramatically and one of the leaders in these services is Sikhona Money Transfers.
Sikhona Money Transfers has been operational since 2010 and through a strategic partnership with Ria Money Transfers South Africa, Sikhona offers one of the best ways in which users can send and receive funds. The app makes it easy to send money overseas and is especially popular for money transfers to Zimbabwe.
How to download, install and use the Sikhona Money Transfers app
The Sikhona Money Transfers app can be downloaded and installed on any device running iOS or Android software. Users can visit the proprietary app stores namely App Store for iOS and Google Play for Android and follow these steps:
- Type “Sikhona Money Transfer” in the search tab.
- Select the “Sikhona Money Transfer” application developed by S-FX Money Transfer and select Install. The app is 17MB in size and has received 4.3 / 5 with 282 reviews on Google Play to date, with over 50,000 downloads on Android devices. On the App Store, Sikhona Money Transfers is 20.7 MB and has a rating of 3.0 / 5.
- Once installed, you can open the app and you’ll come across a quick tutorial to get you started.
- The tutorial will explain how to register, create a beneficiary and how to create a transaction.
- To get started, select the “not registered” option at the bottom of the page and you will be taken to a registration form.
- Enter your first and last name, gender, date of birth and mobile phone number.
- Next, select your type of ID, enter your ID number, indicate the expiration date of your ID (if you selected Passport) and indicate your nationality (Passport only).
- Then you can enter your residential address.
- Finally, you will be asked to upload a photo of your ID booklet or South African ID card, followed only by a selfie of you holding your ID booklet or ID card to verify your identity. identity.
- When done, click “Finish” and your information and documents will be processed and when this is complete you will be notified of the result (it takes a few minutes).
- Once your registration is approved, you will receive an SMS with your username and PIN code.
How to send funds via the mobile app
You can easily send funds through the app by following these steps:
- Select the option to send money from the app.
- Complete the beneficiary’s contact details and indicate their country of residence.
- Choose the method the beneficiary will use to access their funds.
- Select the payment partner from the list provided. This list is unique per country.
- Select whether you want to be quoted on the transaction fees and whether these should be included, excluded or deducted from the transfer amount the recipient will receive.
From the above, it is clear that Sikhona Money Transfers has made international money transfers easy for many people.